A Community Ahead of the Curve read more
Peachtree City, one of metro Atlanta’s most acclaimed master-planned communities, has a very unique hallmark: more than 100 miles of paved, wooded golf cart paths. The multi-use path system is the talk of the town, as it has provided residents with an unparalleled laidback lifestyle in an environment of leisurely tranquility. Locals and visitors alike can traverse the community with great ease and bit of whimsy, accessing everything from nearby lakes, parks, trails and playgrounds to local businesses and venues. And while the renowned cart paths have virtually eliminated the need for cars, it’s always good to have a vehicle on hand. That’s because Peachtree City also boasts an exciting array of entertainment options both within and just outside of the community. In fact, Peachtree City is home to the “boutique itinerary,” through which you can craft a personalized, local agenda that will keep you entertained for days on end.
“With the boutique itinerary, visitors can build their experience and visit multiple local attractions for an action-packed weekend full of fun,” says Kym Hughes, Executive Director of the Peachtree City Convention & Visitors Bureau. “And by customizing your boutique itinerary, your entire group will have a truly tailored experience. Any combination of arts, sports and adventure can culminate in the perfect getaway.” So whether you are a local looking for nearby entertainment options or a visitor coming into town for a quick and exciting trip, there’s something perfect waiting for you in Peachtree City.
Peachtree City may be located only 30 miles south of Atlanta in Fayette County, but residents and travelers do not even have to venture that far north to have a fantastic time. Only moments from the center of the community is a host of must-visit venues. Those that you should add to your boutique itinerary list include:
- The Atlanta Motor Speedway: This world-class NASCAR track is a 1.54-mile quad-oval located on 850 acres of land in neighboring Hampton. It has hosted the famed NASCAR Cup Series stock car races since 1960 and can host 71,000 attendees. For groups, a great option is to rent a luxury suite for the Thursday Thunder Legends Series or the O’Reilly Auto Parts Friday Night Drags.
- The William B. Davis BMX Track: Also known as the Peachtree City BMX Track on McIntosh Trail, this rip-roaring venue is open from dawn until dusk seven days a week and offers scheduled races and events. Visitors also have the opportunity to use the track with their own bicycles.
- The Frederick Brown Jr. Amphitheater: Known as “The Fred,” this outstanding music venue is one of the most popular spots in Peachtree City. It is a 2,500-seat outdoor amphitheater that welcomes an impressive array of Grammy-winning performers and national and international touring acts throughout the year. Every season, the calendar is jam-packed with fantastic shows, which are played under the stars.
- The AMC Walking Dead Studio Tour: This immersive experience includes a two-hour tour that takes you directly into the filming of “The Walking Dead.” It begins at Riverwood Studios and features several prominent sets, such as The Heaps, Oceanside and Sanctuary. The tour wraps up in nearby Senoia so fans of the show can get a behind-the-scenes look at its famed Alexandria set.
- The Serenbe Playhouse: The Serenbe community, located just outside of Peachtree City in Chattahoochee Hills, is a wellness community that is connected to nature. At the heart of the community is a plethora of excellent shops and venues, including the Serenbe Playhouse, a professional theater company that is committed to producing new works and reinvented classics that connect art, nature and community. All productions are presented in the outdoors, and sets are designed to reduce their impact on the environment.
- The MOBA Soccer Complex: Soccer enthusiasts have to pay a visit to the MOBA Soccer Complex, where the Peachtree City MOBA soccer team is based. The team plays in the USL’s League Two and has played at the complex since 2016. The complex offers a VIP tent and exceptional welcome experience at regular season games.
In addition to renowned attractions, Peachtree City is an excellent locale for dining, shopping and a thriving arts scene. As Hughes notes, “A major source of pride for Peachtree City is its dining. It is a foodie’s paradise — home to more than 100 restaurants and ripe for a unique culinary experience.” What’s more, Line Creek Brewery, the only brewery in Fayette County, is located in Peachtree City.
When it comes to shopping, the community features five distinct villages, ensuring that shoppers will find every treasure they could possibly want. The villages cover every kind of shopping there is, from outlets and national chains to charming locally owned boutiques. And for those who like to blend shopping and the arts, there’s no better place than Peachtree City, which hosts festivals like the Shakerag Arts & Crafts Festival and the Magnolia Fine Arts Festival. You can even create your own souvenir art at spots like Saville Studios and Board & Brush.
With so many wonderful things to see and do in Peachtree City, as well as right in the community’s backyard, you’re sure to find something that matches your interests. And as the city continues to evolve, its offerings undoubtedly will as well. So grab a golf cart—or a car—and go. It’s all waiting for you.
For more information about planning your boutique itinerary, go to visitpeachtreecity.com.